The new year is here and I am trying to help you keep to your resolutions with this unique but delicious Chicken and Lime Soup! The soup is fresh and chocked full of great veggies! Serve with cubed avocado or chips to make a meal!
This soup is gluten free and dairy free which makes it a crowd pleaser for all! It's also Whole30!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t Italian seasoning
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 scallions/green onions, minced (green and white parts)
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
P.S. Sweet recipes coming your way! If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Listening to: Max Frost