A non sweet item? Yes, you read that right. I am going to slowly creep some non sweet/dessert recipes and posts to help showcase that I can do more than bake. I love cooking dinner and have always found it hard to photograph food at night and write a recipe, I typically just throw things together. However, as part of what I want to do for 2018, I am going to slow down, focus on food and write down what I am doing. This recipe is a taste of that.
This weeknight chicken is juicy, easy to throw together, and does not require pre bake searing! That's right, no burns from oil splattering or putting extra time into this dish. Just turn the oven on, put the ingredients in a pan, and bake. I served this over rice since there is so much delicious stuff and chicken and rice is an incredible combination. The recipe is easy to double and is a great winter meal!
The recipe follows the Thursday Thoughts!
Thursday Thoughts #4
· This past weekend I saw Lady Bird in theatres and was blown away. It is a unique coming of age story for a Sacramento high school senior who has a tough relationship with her mother. I highly recommend seeing it. Saoirse Ronan portrays the protagonist in such an authentic light. I also loved her in Brooklyn (another movie to add to your watch list).
· I have been loving the Profit Boss Podcast these past few weeks. It is easy to follow and informative
· I can't get enough fresh produce right now, I have been munching on pomegranates, kiwis, and clementines all week! Yay for winter fruit! Get some while it is fresh
- 1 t olive oil
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs, trimmed*
- 1 lemon
- 1 big pinch salt
- 1 big pinch ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 C (approximately 10) pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 t olive brine