A quick post to brighten your week!
A syrup for everything. Seriously this raspberry syrup/sauce is fabulous on everything. It is great on a rich chocolate cake, ice cream, cheesecake, waffles, and decadent chocolate mousse. Lastly, it is a great base for a drink!
I am not a big drinker but mixed drinks with vodka are all right with me! That’s why I made a raspberry vodka soda with the syrup. It’s a perfect warm weather drink with a citrus punch.
- 2 C frozen raspberries
- 1/4 C water
- 1/3 C fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 T Gran Marnier (or Triple Sec)
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
Spiked Raspberry Soda
¼ C boozy raspberry syrup
3 C sparkling water
2 shots of vodka
1. In a pitcher, place ice, syrup, and sparkling water and stir.
2. In a small tumbler, place a few ice cubes and vodka. Cover with raspberry soda.
3. Garnish with an orange slice or twist.
Makes 4 drinks.